As Dakota gets older, her personality is starting to really come out...which is a great thing, except when I can't figure out what she wants...then she gets super frustrated. I've been trying to teach her some sign language, so she can show me with gestures...since she's still learning how to speak. The only technical sign that I've taught her so far, is "more". The other ones I've taught her is how to lift her arms up when she wants to be picked up...This simple little gesture melts my heart every time she does it. She usually lets go of her toys, and sticks her arms up...letting me know that she wants me to hold her. I find this very symbolic, especially since this is a gesture that we do during a worship service at church. We raise our hands up to God, and in a way...drop everything that's on our mind, in our hearts...and say "God, pick me up" :) I just thought this was a simple reminder that God takes pleasure in me lifting my hands. Asking him to hold me.
Another gesture that I'm trying to teach her, is "All done" where I hold my hands open, with my palms facing up (like nothing is in my hands). I started thinking about this as a gesture of worship as well...saying "God, I'm all done. I'm not holding anything back. It's all yours"
Just thought I'd share that...
No comments:
Post a Comment