Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Temper Tantrums

Today I witnessed Dakota's very first "Temper Tantrum", and can I start off by saying that I thought it was funny? I know that's horrible to say...but I can't lie..I giggled to myself, while she arched her back and started crying out of frustration. I knew that the situation was not a matter of life or death, but I'm trying to teach Dakota that she can't have everything that she wants, and that I'm the boss.

Seeing Dakota throw a huge fit over not getting what she wanted...made me think of us as adults. How many of us throw "temper tantrums" when life doesn't go the way WE wanted it to go? Life can change in a second, but God is in control. It says in 1st Thessalonians 5:18: "Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus". I wonder how many times God has giggled to himself, as I threw a "tantrum" over not getting my way in life? I heard a saying once "If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans". I want to be in the center of God's will, and yes, tantrums are inevitable..I'm human. I just pray that I'll come to a place to accept the changes of life as I know it, and "Be thankful in all circumstances" like it says in the bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment