Monday, July 19, 2010

"For you are with me"

I know it's been a while, but as you'll soon read..things have been kinda crazy in our household. At least in the past week.

Jeron and I have been married for nearly 3 years, and we've been through alot of, what the bible calls, "Trials and Tribulations". We've definitely had plenty of car issues, but nothing like what happened last week. It was a Thursday afternoon, and Jeron was at work...it was about 92 degrees outside, so I decided to take Dakota to visit my Grandma for the day (She has air conditioning). Around 4:45 I get a call from Jeron, saying that his car broke down as he was driving home from work. I thought "Great, just what we need! At least I can ask my Dad if we can use one of his AAA free tows, and bring it home to fix whatever issue there is". I started packing all of Dakota's things up, and as I was putting her in her car seat, my grandma said "Just leave her here, it's no big deal" so I quickly got in my car and headed toward where Jeron said he was. I gave him a quick call and asked "Where are you? I'm on my way"....all he said was "Can't talk, the car is on fire!" Yikes. Sure enough, when I got to where he was...all I saw was gray smoke coming from under the hood as he was spraying the car with a water hose (He pulled into a driveway, and luckily the guy was home...and was trying to help him) There was nothing we could do. Now I'm not the best person in an emergency situation. At all. I panic. So here I am, pacing back and forth, not knowing what to do. The owner of the house called 911, and said the Fire Dept. was on it's way. Meanwhile, the gray smoke turned into black...the fire had moved into the dashboard of the car, and soon the entire interior of the car was up in flames. The Fire Dept. finally arrived and put the fire out, and the Sheriff Dept. came to write the report. I called my Dad and told him what was going on, and he said he would come out and call AAA so we could get it towed. There was really no point to towing it back to our house because the car was just a pile of metal. Go figure AAA wouldn't tow it to a junk yard, so we had it towed back to my Grandma's house so we could call a junk yard to pick it up. I guess everything didn't hit me until we got back to my Grandma's house to pick up Dakota. I walked in the door, and just started crying. I wasn't upset about the car at all. (It was just a junker that he drove to and from work) I just kept thinking about how blessed I was that my husband was still alive. I know that God is in control, and that he spared Jeron that day. The next day I took some pictures of the car...here they are.




So here it is Monday. I drove Jeron to work this morning, and on the way home...I was maybe 1 mile from our house when I noticed my car was driving a little weird. I pulled onto a side street and got out of my car to see what was going on. I had a flat tire. Not even 2 minutes later, a man walked up to my car and asked me if I needed some help. Turns out, he lived 1 house down from where I pulled my car over. He had all the equipment in his garage, and changed my tire in 5 minutes. I'm pretty convinced that he was an angel that God sent to me.
So here I sit, in complete amazement of God, and how he always takes care of us. I found some verses that really came to life these past couple of days.

“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” -– Phil 4:19


God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. Selah. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah. -- Psalm 46:1-3,7

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. -- Psalm 23:4

I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful Savior who not only died for my sins to save my life, but who takes care of me and all my needs, day in and day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment