Friday, June 25, 2010

Ok I get it, my kid is cute...can I finish my shopping now?

I try to do my grocery shopping on Saturdays. Jeron stays at home with Dakota, and I not only get to have some time to myself, I can be in my grocery vibe and zip through the store without having to tote around her infant carrier (which is becoming quite heavy might I add! Dakota is 16 pounds, and I think the carseat itself is like 5...). I'm a frugal person, and like to stretch my money out as far as possible...so grocery shopping is kind of a challenge at times. Most of the time when I go to the store...I like to compare things, and I absolutely HATE to be rushed, or disturbed. It seems like anywhere I go, people are always stopping to talk to me because of Dakota. They always try to make her smile, or touch her feet, or tell me just how beautiful she is. I guess I really shouldn't complain...They ARE complimenting me on how well behaved she is, instead of glaring at me to stop my kid from screaming, BUT some days I just want to go to the store and get the things I need without being bothered. Like yesterday for instance, I went into the store just to get a couple of things...it was a hot day, I hadn't showered yet, and I was cranky. I was totally annoyed by this old lady behind me in the checkout line who kept talking to Dakota, is that justified? Maybe not..but I guess that's why I mostly do my shopping alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment