I can't believe that my little Dakota is almost 6 months old already! It seems like just yesterday, that I was walking around our block in the freezing cold, trying to induce labor! I never really believed anyone when they said "They grow so fast! Enjoy every second that you can!", but now I know exactly what they mean! (And yes, I too find myself telling the same thing to new mommies with newborns!)
I really wish I would have started blogging when she was just born, so I can look back on the little things that I was learning, like her quirks on how she likes to be rocked to sleep, and how she would just stare at things, trying to discover her world. It's so weird to think that in a matter of months, Dakota has gone from a itty bitty 6 pound baby, who slept all the time...into a beautifully chubby 15 pound baby with rolls on her thighs, who can sit up and grab toys! She has definately made my life complete :) I told Jeron the other day that I can't even remember what life was like before Dakota.
Her new adventures are: Discovering how to crawl...I'll put a toy infront of her, just out of reach, and she'll find a way to push and scoot herself forward to grab it. She also LOVES getting blankets, clothes, burp cloths, or anything else that is soft, and putting it on her face! She starts kicking and laughing everytime she does it...but after a couple of seconds, she starts panicking that she can't breathe. It's kind of funny how she ALWAYS manages to grab something of the sorts in a matter of seconds. Needless to say, I have to keep a very watchful eye on her at all times!
She is napping at the moment, and I want to get the dishes washed before she wakes up.
No comments:
Post a Comment