Today started out kind of rough. I woke up at 6:30 to the sound of Dakota crying over the baby monitor. I rushed into her room to put her binky back in her mouth, hoping that she'd fall back asleep. It worked for 5 minutes. *sigh* That's the way EVERY mom wants to start her Monday morning right?? Not so much. So here I am, frustrated that I can't get more sleep...and anticipating the pot of coffee that is brewing. I packed my husband's lunch and saw him off to work, while Dakota was in her swing. She started finally drifting off to sleep, so I decided to pick her up and put her in her crib. We live within a block of the fire department, and its a rarity that the firetrucks put on their sirens...not this morning though! Needless to say, Dakota woke up. I hadn't had my coffee yet, and I was hoping to get some quiet time to read my Bible and catch up on emails before she was up for the morning, so I was quite frustrated (especially since she woke me up at 6:30). I tried putting her back in her swing when all of a sudden she looked at me with big eyes and said "Mama". At the moment, time stood still. I couldn't believe what I just heard! And then she said it again. "Mama" :) It puts a smile on my face, and in my heart just thinking about it. My little girl is growing up right before my eyes.
Here are a few pictures that I took of her yesterday. I started using this website called "Picnik", where you can edit the pictures (It's WAY easier than Photoshop). Enjoy.


<


No comments:
Post a Comment