So my 24th birthday is just 2 days away. My grandma and my parents both gave me a cash gift, and specifically told me to spend it on myself. I know to Many, it's an easy task to buy youself something...but for me, not so much. After getting married and having our own bills, discovering I was pregnant, quitting my job to be a stay at home mom, and Jeron going through a layoff last year...let's just say, I learned how to be a simple minded person, and to enjoy the finer things in life. It's funny to say, but I can't exactly remember the last time I actually bought myself something other than a special herbal essence bottle of conditioner (using a coupon of course!). My mom asked me a couple of weeks ago what I wanted for my birthday, and you know what my answer was? New bath towels. Is that typically what 24 year old women want for their birthday?? Hmm...
I'm determined to buy myself something. I'm forcing myself out of the house...to go shopping. Not for necessities for the house, not for Dakota or Jeron...but for MYSELF. *sigh* why is this so hard??
Welcome to being a grown-up! It seems I'm always asking for gifts for the house these days. In fact, for Christmas my sister gave me a steam mop and it rocked my world! :) Enjoy (trying to) spend money on yourself!
ReplyDelete