Thursday, June 10, 2010

"Happy Birthday" Translated: Happy to be alive

Today is my birthday. It's the day that everyone celebrates the day that I came into the world. For me, It's the day that I realize just how happy I am to be alive, and to be as blessed as I am.

I love this time of my life. I'm 24 years old, I've been married to my best friend for almost 3 years, and I'm the mommy to a beautiful 6 month old who makes my heart smile. Every morning I wake up with excitement, to see what God has in store for Dakota and I for the day. Being a stay at home Mommy is the life that I've always dreamed of. I always try to see things in Dakota's prospective, where everything is beautiful, interesting, and exciting. :) I just feel so blessed to be Dakota's Mommy. Yea, it's a huge responsibility to have a baby...but I see it as a huge honor to be the one that takes care of her, to meet her needs, to walk her through life, and I'm excited to share Jesus with her. Now that she's 6 months old...she can sing to me, smile and laugh, and sit up all by herself. She's growing so fast, and I want to enjoy every moment as it comes.
I never knew what it meant to be a mom until I held her for the first time. It's amazing how I was so overwhelmed with love for this little person that I had JUST MET. It's really awesome how much having my own child changed my relationship with MY mom. (That's my mom and Dakota and my nephew Liam) My mom and I have become friends. I see her in a different light. We just got back from having lunch, and I can't help but feel blessed to have such a great relationship with her. She's the person I can call when I have questions about weird colored poopy diapers, and the person I can talk to when I'm having a rough day and just need a little encouragement. All that to say, I love being a Mom. I love my life as I know it.

I'm blessed, and happy to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment